Friday, February 13, 2009

Wow, where does the time go!


Been very busy lately. Trying to get a lot of things finished up, as I am taking on a second job for the nest couple of weeks. Luckily, it is an at home job. I will be answering calls at home about the Digital TV conversion. An extra 35 hours a week job. No time for anything else, but the extra money will help a lot.

Thanks for the comments on the photos I have posted. Posted them, thinking I could write about them and then just did not have the time. Plus, ATT shut off my DSL and It took two weeks of fighting with them to get it back on. Reminds me of why I left them before. Never had problems with Earthlink. With this new job, I have to keep them until it's over. Also got a $40.00 credit for the problems. Might as well use that up.


First photo is a Dollar store ornament, I stitched up at work. Then, promptly give to a Co-worker. I love giving things to people who appreciate your work.

Second, is a quilt for a friend's son. She has been waiting over two years for this and had actually forgotten about it. See, She and I would go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. OK, we would spend the night in line at Best Buy. But after we were done there, we hit Joann's and buy the .99 cent flannel material. I would then make PJ bottoms for our sons. Well, that year she brought all the fabric, and when I cut the fabric....I cut them all out too small. I felt really bad, because she paid for the fabric. I told her, I would make Dylan a quilt with the fabric. Two years plus later, I used good will power and made the quilt in a month. I really wanted to scrapbook, especially the photo of Devin's eyes. Decided I would not until all my unfinished or un-started (in this case) projects were done. Hopefully soon I can post the scrapbook pages.


Lastly, as some have seen we have new babies. Deb's babies can be seen HERE. She had three babies, one Tort, one black and one small otter. They are two weeks old today. Just had to help the otter with opening its eyes. They should have opened two days ago, and his siblings did but not his. Now, he can see the light. LOL
Fifi's last litter for us can be seen HERE. She had another difficult birth. She delivered three still born and had one sole survivor. Still not sure of this ones color, could be a Tort otter, or might change to a chocolate otter. I have decided she will retire. She will get to live her time out with us. Her daughter Morgan will take over her breeding spot. Morgan looks just like her mom. The boys are always confused as to who is who.

Nasty is due to deliver tomorrow on Valentine's Day. Hoping all goes well.



1 comment:

Meari said...

Congrats on your ornament finish, and the quilt is lovely!

Blog Archive