Saturday, October 25, 2008

She went home.

My MIL went home today. Well, at this time, I should say yesterday. She give a good fight. Mary had a very special relationship with God. I am glad she is with him now.

I would not have met my husband had it not been for her. Here is the story of our meeting.
I had left my ex-husband in jail in Florida and returned to Michigan with my six week old baby.
I was able to get a job within a few weeks. And had been working there for five months when I first met Dan.

Now this is where Mary comes into to play. Dan was living with her and caring for her. One day on her way to church, she asked Dan, what he wanted her to pray for, for him. His response was he was lonely and wanted to meet a nice woman. So, Mary prayed for him. Within a week we met and have been together ever since. That was 13 years ago.

I will always be grateful to Mary for this. She often teased that maybe she should not have prayed for him because I took him from her. But I always knew in her heart, she was happy for us. I know she missed him dearly, though. Dan always took great care of his mom.

Mary, rest in peace and say Hi to Jesus for me. We love and miss you.

No comments:

Blog Archive